Friday 27 January 2012

The diary of a smoker trying to quit...

So yesterday after deciding that I was tired of being a smoker... I thought I would google - the truth about smoking. Well... I now REALLY want to quit. There is so much conspiracy, unknown facts and side effects of smoking that we are completely unaware of.

So I'm going to start a "quitting smoking" journal - to ty and motivate myself to persevere. I will update on this same post every day...

26/01/2012

3:10pm - Just had a smoke and I've decided I want to quit. Again. Why is it so difficult to just stop? Anyway, I've googled "The truth about smoking" and man have I found some truths...
here are some of the sites I came across:


6:30pm - Had a rolled smoke... Feeling a bit of tension so needed one to relax me.
Going to bed early so as to not have another.

27/01/2012

9:30am - didn't go smoking with the work collegues. A big achievement.
Yesday I didn't smoke on the way home, only had one rolled smoke last night (usually about 5 after I get home) and still havn't had a smoke this morning. Can't stop thinking about having one though.
Think I'll try and push until 12 then maybe have one if I'm getting too irritable. Or maybe I won't... will wait and see!!!

10:45am - Oh I have a pounding headache! Not even craving a smoke at all. What a discusting vision of why I should quit!!! (Sorry, I know its a bit gross but definatley a motivation to continue on this tough journey). Think I'm going to look at this every time I want one...

A bit worried about tonight though... drinks with the girls. Always a tough one to not smoke when drinking...



12:11pm - The headache is starting to annony me..... its all around my left temple and left shoulder.... what I would do for a pain killer right now!!!!!!! No... im not going to swop one addication for another. Anyway, pain killers take the headache away now, but it'll be back later and tomorrow!
Throat is feeling odd - tight sensation in chest - like I have asthema or somthing. Not feeling like a smoke, but my mind keeps on telling me I need one!  Going to have lunch. Maybe that'll help to distract me for a while!

15:12pm - So the headache is still pounding a bit. I went upstairs twice with my collegues when they went for their smokes and didnt' have one. Its almost home time. I think ive almost made it through my first day! Someone just gave me this book by Allen Carr to stop smoking easy. So Im going to ready it and give it a go:)

No comments:

Post a Comment