Sunday 15 January 2012

Inspire me

One of the most important things to me is to be inspired. By Jesus, other people, ideas, creativity, thoughts, my sister, the universe, love, empathy, kindness, peace and many other things.

But so many people have forgotten about inspiration.
An example is a movie called the Romantics (plot being boy breaks up with girl in college, proposes to her friend, they all re-unite at their wedding weekend).

There is a part where the old lovers re-unite late at night and during a very passionate discussion of their old lives and she cries out, "you inspired me".

Since then those words have stuck with me and are often in my mind. What inspires me? What makes me feel so motivated and great that I feel I can take on the world?


It’s great once you've found it, but the journey to discovering it is incredible. And sometimes it can actually make you feel quite down and very alone. It took me many years to find my inspiration.

And when I did, I realised it had been under my nose my entire life.

My sister. She is more than just a biological sister, she is my soul mate, my best friend, my confidant. When she feels ill, I feel ill. When she’s happy, I am. We are so in tune with one another it often scares me. But nothing quite beats the feeling of enjoying some alone time with her. It’s as if the world disappears and it is just us, flying along this beautiful path of growth. Sharing, discovering and true acceptance. I have never felt completely and absolutely adored by another human more than how her love makes me feel. And what I feel for her is so much more than simple words can explain. More than a bright warm light of everlasting love and devotion.

"To be Inspired is great, to Inspire is incredible".

 


Find your inspiration and you find yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment